1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.)
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
~~ The clothes. I saw such cute clothes on the Digi Charat Artbook Chocola 2000 (without knowing it was lolita) then got into admiring BJDs and VK fashion, however VK is too hardcore for me and doesn’t suit my personality. Then I discovered lolita which had that really unique feel of VK but sweet and girly.
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
~~I didn’t officially know about lolita till I was 16 or 17… when I started to browse random japanese sites to look at art, clothes, bands BJDs etc… I didn’t get a chance to wear it till College…
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
~~Forever changing, but its usually Sweet Lolita, or sometimes sweet with a classic twist.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
~Too many to count!
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
~Doing lolita, lol. The best thing about wearing Lolita is the clothes and events relating to lolita.
8. Conversely, what’s the worst thing?
~~lol if you follow my blog and my comic, you’d know ;)
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
~~Angelic Pretty, Emily Temple Cute and Milk (2 out of the three are otome but i’ve seen them work in lolita).
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
~~Either Putumayo novelty pins or Angelic Pretty socks… Two of my current worst shopping addictions besides bags…
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
~~A fluffy petticoat
12. Do you wear drawers?
When I find them, yes.
13. Do you have any favourite Japanese music?
Tons! It ranges from jpop to VK bands etc. Don’t make me start a list!
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
~ Um wherever I have to go. even if its just to the market and the weather is favorable :P
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
Not as often as before. When I started probably 3 times a week or several times during the month, now whenever i have a chance…
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
~I’ll have to admit i was those dumb beginner lolitas that got butthurt easily. I recall getting into an argument with another lolita over things I know know are clearly wrong. Though the important thing is that I learned from my noobish mistakes.
17. What’s hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suite the most?
~~Any color that looks good on your skin tone.
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
~~LoL all the time… I go on “hiatus” once in a blue moon, but the fashion keeps pulling me back. No reason, just sometimes I don’t have the heart to do it anymore… probably just stress and life putting me down…
19. Please tell us your heart’s bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol…)
~~Tumblr, I prefer looking at other lolitas for inspiration. To me the magazines are only good if they give tutorials, coordinating ideas, and good creative photoshoots… otherwise, it is a flashy catalog to me.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
I wish… I do have lots of plushies… I use them as pillows…
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
Depends on the outfit.
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
Yep, not a train station, but at events i’d change in the restroom etc.
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessary monthly?
Er… a lot. Do you hear that… that’s the sound of my wallet weeping (OAO)
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you’ve bought so far? How much was it?
~~I’m pretty lucky at finding deals in lolita but one item i couldn’t avoid was Sugary Carnival JSK, about 450 ish
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
~~Ha ha ha uh boy :P
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
Work… or sell my old stuff for new stuff :P
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
~~Bought from several online shops. I recommend checking out the EGL memories section or google to help you with that…
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
~Ummm… nope my mouth is shut :P
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, “I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!”?
~~I use to think that, till I finally got my ultimate dream item Whimsical Vanilla Chan OP with the headbow. Now I’m like a lion waiting for its pray. When I have the cash ready and the item comes at the opportune time, I’m going to jump on it!
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
Not much… its none of my business. Should I be judging?
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there’s a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita? (you can answer as ‘never graduate’)
~~Any age is fine… I mean if the fashion is inspired by rococo victorian etc times, then I assume those eras contained both young and old individuals who must have worn some sort of clothing then…
Lolitas graduate when they feel they are done with the fashion and want to move on.
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think “I don’t want Lolitas to do this!” about?
~~Not really… if you have a silly personality, why constrain it while wearing lolita… Wouldn’t that just hide who you really are?
34. Is there something you think “Lolita has to be this way!” about?
~personality wise, no. In general people should just have common courtesy and sense…
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
Yes trends change. What people once considered OTT then is not the same as now… Also lolita is much more accessible today than it was when I first started…
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
I use to go to school in lolita, not to work.
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
If I feel like it
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other? (I think she meant “Does he understand you (as lolita)?”)
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
They are use to me being weird by now lol
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
Where do I start my list!
Some of my favorite lolitas no longer wear lolita… I have also been fortunate to actually meet and converse with them <3 If I start a list now it would never end :P
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
Yes! I started out as a Handmade lolita :P
This isn’t the most well made jsk that I’ve made, but it was the first one I made without prior sewing knowlege. I learned how to make it from tips my mom gave me and researching lots of site and looking at clothes and how they appeared to be made. I put a lot more work into this jsk and the research of it than anything else. It was one of the toughest but most rewarding projects I have ever done. This proves that anyone can make anything with enough perseverance.
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
I have a few… I plan to wear them to AX and the next AP tea party in the fall :3 Can’t reveal too much ;)
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
I’d like my children to wear cute clothes… If I plan to have any… I think a lot of childrens clothes resemble lolita anyway.
45. What’s your image of the ideal Lolita?
Someone who enjoys wearing the fashion and can coordinate it properly. They do not whine and groan about the restrictions and the rules (guidelines) instead take it as a challenge and create the most fabulous of outfits.